God's Beautiful Journey

For years I did Musical theatre, and I used to say that I was always cast in plays that helped heal the past. We all have issues growing up and mine was full of surprises and many things a child should never have to experience; but play after play my wounds healed as others had written my story, and I got to play the character. My first play was the Runaways. Then I began to write plays, oh that has to be the most powerful healer for anyone with broken hearts. 

One play, of which I won award after award for while attending UCLA School of Theatre, Film and TV, one of the world's finest conservatories in the world, was quite expressive of the dark world that had surrounded me in my childhood. My famous lines in the play were:

       "Daddy's little doo doo, what did Daddy do with his little doo doo, did Daddy do you?"

But trauma and heartbreak give us character, and in the end I found spirituality brimming in my life. And the dogs, everyone so different, yet all those we get broken can find their way too into a space that comforts them, and gives them peace to be able to play with toys, eat treats, and trust another human. Im honored I get to help these broken dogs find peace, as I was given in my own life.

I also find that by me staying out of the way in most adoptions of our thousands of adoptions we have accomplished that God brings parents I could never have imagined that are just perfect for that particular dog and are not anywhere near what I was thinking would be the ideal parent.

An example was a german shepherd I took from the shelter. This seven year old nearly 100 lb girl, we named her Queen Elizabeth, was on death row. She had been in the shelter over seven months. Everyone had loved her there, but room was an issue. So I pulled her, thinking to myself, I may own her for life, which was fine, but not what I want to accomplish.






 Queen meets Daddy !      

Not even a week went by and the phone rang one early morning. It was a call from Hawaii. "Do you have Queen Elizabeth?" Yes! "Well I'm boarding the plane here in Hawaii, I will be picking my father up after I arrive at LAX, and if possible we would like to come see her later today." the lady explained some of the situation, and I prayed it would work. 













Dad has dementia. He lives at his home, with a full time caregiver. But his Queen dog, that looked just like ours, died. Dad was not eating, walking, and going around in circles trying to find his dog. 
The daughter's hope was he would believe our Queen was his baby. And Dad's eyes were  covered with a cloud of love, it worked. 

They pulled up, Dad got out out of the car, as we brought out our Queen. Dad hollered, "Where in the hell have you been girl?" She ran into this man's arms and they sat on the grass and played while the deal was done, and all paperwork in tact. 

The daughter stood with tears in her eyes. Her Dad and the Queen were going to be okay. Well, over the next few days the daughter sent picture after picture.

     Our Queen not only had her own Daddy, she now had her own chair at the dining table with her Dad, and Queen sat at the head of the table, and Dad at her side. Dad was eating again, all because he had a friend. The two of them share their meals, and still do. 

     Dad was now also walking, which he was refusing to get out of bed after he decided his dog had ran away. And now the two of the are walking everywhere side by side. 

     But this video was the kicker . . . . So Dad had taught his other Queen how to hunt lizards. He's out in the yard with his new Queen, our doggie, and he quietly says to her, " How come you forgot how to hunt lizards?. Do you have dementia like me? " I cried and cried as I watched Dad's love pouring out on this little girl dog that had been locked up at our shelter for months and was facing death and was now truly a Queen. 

We took a chance on her, a hopeless case in reality, but I knew she deserved the finest, and she got it. That's why we named her Queen Elizabeth. I knew God was in the middle of this deal. 

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Sweet Baby has no home. Please help save her now! Foster or adopt!

Purpose of my life. . . Saving dogs in harm. Part One of Two

Tethered for three years, Princess Jada ia now free and waiting for her new home. Adopt her today!~